Where there is ONLY ONE contractor
- Project Management Arrangements – make, maintain and review arrangements, suitable for persons with CDM duties, to ensure that construction work is carried out without risk and compliant with welfare requirements;
- Pre-construction information (PCI) – provide to each designer involved in the design of a structure and each contractor who is or might be engaged by the client;
- Construction Phase Plan (CPP) – ensure CPP drawn up before the construction phase begins;
- Notify HSE – if site construction work scheduled to last >30 working days or have >20 workers working simultaneously at any point in the project or exceed 500 person Notify as soon as is practicable before the construction phase begins;
- Contractor training – ensure the necessary information, instruction and training received and appropriate supervision to comply; and
- Cooperation with others – cooperate with any other person at the site or an adjoining site to enable others perform their duties etc.
Additional duties where there is MORE THAN ONE contractor
- Appoint Principal Designer (PD) – to carry out the PD If appointment not made the client must fulfil;
- Appoint Principal Contractor (PC) – to carry out PC If appointment not made the client must fulfil;
- Compliance by PD and PC – ensure PD and PC comply with duties;
- Health and Safety File (HSF) – ensure PD prepares an appropriate health and safety file.
Download our information leaflet for CDM duties for Business Clients here