It is the scaffold user’s/hirer’s responsibility to ensure that all scaffolding has been inspected as follows:
- following installation /before first use,
- at an interval of no more than every 7 days thereafter,
- following any circumstances liable to jeopardise the safety of the installation eg high winds, flooding, vehicle striking a scaffold.
All scaffolding inspections should be carried out by a competent person whose combination of knowledge, training and experience is appropriate for the type and complexity of the scaffold. Competence may have been assessed under the CISRS or an individual may have received training in inspecting a specific type of system scaffold from a manufacturer/supplier.
The scaffold inspection report should note any defects or matters that could give rise to a risk to health and safety and any corrective actions taken, even when those actions are taken promptly, as this assists with the identification of any recurring problem.
It is all about confidence
The HSE are more willing than ever to prosecute the site owner for accidents. Having Wilkins Safety Group to carry out your Independent Scaffold Inspections gives everyone confidence.
Confidence that an independent third party is checking the scaffold, providing external confirmation of your expertise, and giving your customer the confidence that you are demonstrating due diligence on the project.
Principal Contractors/Site Owners
Confidence that an independent expert has checked the installation, and that every week a new check is made, with a report detailing any remedial action required, then a proper follow-up made.
Confidence that they are working on a safe site, with the motivation that comes from the knowledge that site safety is given proper priority.
The services we provide:
All inspections are carried out by a Qualified CISRS Advanced Scaffold Inspector
- We will at our customer’s request, attend the site and carry out detailed inspections and record our findings on a one off or weekly basis.
- This service can be provided to customers who have had scaffolding provided by another party and who do not have the qualified personnel to carry out the weekly inspections.
- Each inspection will be recorded and our findings given to the client for their files.
- One off inspection following a safety incident or dispute
- We recommend the use of the Scafftag® system, as this is a visual control of the scaffolds use and safety status.
After each scaffold inspection, you will receive a fully detailed scaffold inspection report within 24 hours of the scaffold inspection as per The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulation 1998, Report of results of every inspection made in pursuance of regulation 6(3).
The detailed scaffold inspection report will clearly detail the status/condition of the scaffold, the requirement for modification/remedy if there are faults and the time and date of the scaffold inspection.
The scaffold inspection will include all ladders, staircases and components of the scaffold, the design for more complex scaffolds will need to be produced upon arrival at site in order to perform the scaffold inspection prior to the scaffold inspection taking place.
We also offer a Safety Netting Inspection Service.