Domestic duties for Domestic Client – duties are carried out by the contractor
Where there is ONLY ONE contractor
- Project Management Arrangements – make, maintain and review arrangements, suitable for persons with CDM duties, to ensure that construction work is carried out without risk and compliant with welfare requirements;
- Pre-construction information (PCI) – provide to each designer involved in the design of a structure and each contractor who is or might be engaged by the client;
- Construction Phase Plan (CPP) – ensure CPP drawn up before the construction phase begins;
- Notify HSE – if site construction work scheduled to last >30 working days or have >20 workers working simultaneously at any point in the project or exceed 500 person days. Notify as soon as is practicable before the construction phase begins;
- Contractor training etc. – ensure the necessary information, instruction and training received and appropriate supervision to comply; and
- Cooperation with others – cooperate with any other person at the site or an adjoining site to enable others perform their duties etc.
Additional duties where there is MORE THAN ONE contractor
All client duties above carried out by the appointed PC (unless there is a written agreement between the client and PD that the PD will fulfil the duties).
- Appoint Principal Designer (PD) – to carry out the PD responsibilities. Where no appointment is made the first designer appointed during the pre-construction phase is deemed to be appointed as the principal designer; and
- Appoint Principal Contractor (PC) – to carry out PC responsibilities. Where no appointment is made the first contractor appointed during the construction phase is deemed to be appointed as the principal contractor.