In England and Wales, if you’re an employer, owner, landlord or occupier of business or other non-domestic premises, you are responsible for fire safety and are required to have thorough Fire Risk Assessments carried out.
The Fire Safety Order also applies if you have paying guests – e.g. if you run a bed and breakfast, guest house or let a self-catering Property.
The advantages of our service
There are many important advantages to you if we carry out your Fire Risk Assessment. Our commitment to you is that we:
- Complete your assessment in full consultation with yourself at your premises.
- Ensure your premises have adequate fire safety arrangements in place.
- Ensure adequate fire safety systems are in place for the protection of your staff and clients.
- Focus on your business needs and your legal requirement to comply with the Fire Safety Order.
- Provide on-going support should you wish to alter your premises or work system.
- Provide an experienced ex Fire Officer with over 30 years Fire Safety experience.
- If required we can provide floor plans of your premises showing all of the fire safety arrangements in place.
We always guarantee our fire risk assessments therefore in the unlikely event that the fire authority is unhappy with any aspect of the premises; we would work closely with you and the fire service to resolve the differences of opinion. This would not incur any additional charges for our consultancy time.
Our Senior Fire Consultant is: Trevor Lumbard GIFireE.
- We do not sell fire extinguishers or any other kind of fire safety equipment ensuring our commitment to you is never compromised.
- We can help all businesses even if the fire service have visited and issued a non-compliance notice or Prohibition notice. We can liaise with the enforcing authority to quickly resolve any short comings the fire authority has issues with.
- Our team includes an AutoCAD technician who will produce floor plans of your premises if you require them. The floor plans will give details of all the fire safety provisions that are provided. This greatly assists the fire inspecting officers when auditing your assessment as they can immediately see the fire safety arrangements provided.