Work from home advice
Work from home if you can The Government’s guidance states that “all reasonable steps” should be taken by employers to help people work from home but “for those who cannot work from home and whose workplace has not been told to close, our message is clear: you should go to work.”
If you’ve made the temporary move to homeworking, it’s now time to start considering how you will make that arrangement more permanent, at least in the medium to long term.
- Is homeworking a benefit for your business? Can you reduce overheads on office space by allowing more of it?
- Do you have a homeworking policy?
- Do you need to review your data protection policy where confidential and sensitive information is being taken home etc?
- Have you undertaken a DSE (Display Screen Equipment) assessment of your employees’ home work station?
- Have you given them advice on fire and electrical safety?
Read more in our advice regarding a Directors Guide to Home Working here