Date(s) - 10/04/2018
1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
More information about the course:
Training /CPD Certificate issued
Asbestos awareness training is essential for employees whose work holds the potential to expose them to asbestos. The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 puts a requirement on employers to ensure that their staff have undergone suitable asbestos awareness training so that they are aware of the potential dangers they may face and also the procedures they must follow in the event they are working in the vicinity of asbestos containing materials (ACMs)
Who Is This Course Suitable For?
The main groups of workers that are deemed to be at risk from asbestos exposure and therefore the groups’ most requiring asbestos awareness training are as follows:
- General Maintenance Staff.
- Electricians, Plumbers & Gas Fitters. Painters & Decorators.
- Construction & Demolition Workers. Joiners and Plasterers.
- Computing & Telecommunications Engineers.
- Heating & Ventilation Engineers.
- Architects & Building Surveyors
- Fire & Burglar Alarm Installers
- Asbestos- a history of use
- What is Asbestos
- Amosite (Brown) – Chrysotile (White) – Crocidolite (Blue)
- Asbestos Containing Product Examples
- Asbestos Properties and the hidden legacy of asbestos
- Control of Asbestos Regs and Requirements
- Exactly who is at risk
- Action to take on discovery and Survey and Recording
Course reference: ASBESTA 1801
Bookings are closed for this event.