Personal issues affecting staff
- management awareness of relevant personal issues affecting staff such as illness, bereavement, financial worries or stress-related factors which might be contributing to them struggling to cope in the workplace
- policies in place for dealing with such issues
- training for managers to deal with such issues.
Implementing even some of these practices can make a major impact on staff wellbeing and save you money. If you would like more tailored, hands on advice please contact Mind to find out about resources, support and their consultancy service, Mind Workplace, at www.mind.org.uk/workplace
Reaping extensive benefits from improved employee mental wellbeing will require long-term commitment to the issue. But you can start benefiting from a more mentally healthy management style today.
- Take a walk around your workplace at lunchtime, how many of your staff are still sat at their desks? Suggest that they take a lunch break every day. By taking a break at midday you can help your brain relax and ensure you are as productive at the end of the day as you are at the start.
- When you leave, work tell your staff it’s time to go home – if there is no one to tell, maybe you should consider working shorter hours? Working shorter hours will not only benefit your personal life, it will make sure when you are at work you are rested and ready to perform at your best.
- Introduce yourself to staff. How many people do you work with that you’ve never spoken to? Talking regularly to all your employees could give you a better sense of what is happening on the ground.
- Enjoy some team time with your staff and have some time out of the office. Organise a lunchtime activity such as a softball match, a picnic or just eating out.
If you would like any further help or support, please please contact us by phone 01458 253682 Email [email protected] or via our Facebook page or by Twitter
Taunton & Somerset CPD Group at The Exchange House Taunton
Please remember that we now run these CPD events at the Exchange House, 12 – 14 The Crescent, Taunton TA1 4EB on a fortnightly basis
The next of the CPD events is listed below:
As previously requested, if you could let us know whether or not you can attend it would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you would like to give a talk, or know of somebody who would, please contact Jon at [email protected]
Our next Seminar will be on Wednesday 10th October 2018. Could you please arrive by 12:30pm prompt.
Our speaker for this one is Don Roache from Marley Alutec with their recently updated RIBA approved CPD entitled “Durable Eaves Solutions”.
- Aluminium and the environment
- Fascia, soffit and coping systems
- Rainwater systems
- Technical and installation support
If you haven’t already booked your place, or if you are not on the CPD Seminar mailing list but would like to be please drop Jon an email and he will deal with your request.
As per our last one if you could let Jon know whether or not you can attend within 7 days of receipt of his email, it would be greatly appreciated.
Contact Details [email protected] 07831 714199 or 01458 253682
*Early notice of 24th October meeting. Richard McMullan of Kinley Ltd will talk about “Roof Terrace and Podium
Construction” on Wednesday 20th June.
For more details about these and the other forthcoming CPD talks please see cpds for October and November.